Continuing Education: A Historic Opportunity to Reform the Child Welfare System: Youth & Alumni Priorities on Quality Residential Services
Foster Care Alumni of America and FosterClub are pleased to invite you to a webinar hosted by the National Foster Care Youth & Alumni Policy Council to discuss: A Historic Opportunity to Reform the Child Welfare System: Youth & Alumni Priorities on Quality Residential Services.
Hear first-hand about best practices and policy recommendations for improving Quality Residential Treatment Placements (QRTPs) from young people who experienced foster care, some in residential placements, and opportunities for child welfare reform on a local, state, and federal level. Council members will also discuss the impact that COVID-19 has had on QRTPs and the youth who are currently placed in them. This webinar will illustrate how imperative constituent engagement is at every level - from developing Quality Residential Services to choosing them as a placement for youth and engaging youth and family in the process.
In this webinar, we will:
· Provide an overview of National Policy Council
· Review Council’s past Congregate Care Priorities (Reducing Reliance & Improving Services)
· Define Qualified Residential Treatment Placements (QRTPs)
· Discuss the Impact of COVID-19 on Quality Residential Services
· Provide an overview of the 2020 Quality Residential Services Council Priorities, policy recommendations, and how to incorporate youth voice
The National Foster Care Youth & Alumni Policy Council, a partnership project administered by FosterClub and Foster Care Alumni of America with support from Casey Family Programs, convenes to provide stakeholders with relevant and timely information from youth with lived experience in the child welfare system to inform policy.