CASA of the South Plains inspires, educates, and empowers solution-minded community members who are committed to supporting the best interest of children in the foster care system.
Volunteer advocates create connections and promote nurturing relationships for the child and family, encouraging hope and healing.
Through court appointment and collaborative efforts, volunteer advocates share informed recommendations for the well-being of the child.
- Work alongside attorneys and social workers.
- Interview parents, family members, teachers, doctors, foster parents, and other adults who may have information about the child.
- Make recommendations to the court about any issues or concerns relating to the child’s educational, medical, or emotional needs, and the most appropriate, permanent placement for that child.
- Form trusting relationships with the children they serve and represent the children’s best interests at all times.
- CASA Volunteers must be at least 21 years old.
- Participate in a pre-screening process which includes successfully passing criminal history and child abuse registry checks.
- Participate in pre-service training composed of classroom and self-study components.
- Commit to a minimum of 18 months as a consistent Advocate. Volunteers spend an average of 10-15 hours per month serving as a CASA.
CASA's Impact in 2022*:
- 255 CASA Volunteers donated a total of 5,258 hours, saving county taxpayers $289,190 in county-paid attorneys’ fees.
- 415 youth in foster care received advocacy services.
- 122 youth in foster care found permanency with the help of their CASA Volunteer.
- 92% of the school age children served by CASA Volunteers advanced to the next grade level.
- CASA Volunteers make lasting impressions in the lives of children who have been the victims of abuse and neglect, and positively impact the judicial and child welfare systems.
*CASA 2022 Calendar Year Statistics
To learn more about how you can be a voice for the well-being of a foster child, attend a CASA 101 Informational Session, contact Tabitha Rendon, Director of Community Outreach at email@example.com, or call (806) 763-2272.