In-service Training: Workshop: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children - Spotlight on Exploitation
This workshop will provide child welfare stakeholders knowledge and resources to address, combat, and prevent the exploitation and trafficking of youth in the child welfare system.
The workshop will include:
• Information and resources from the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children on child sex trafficking and online exploitation;
• Overview from the Texas Governor's Office's Child Sex Trafficking Team on statewide efforts;
• Updates from the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services on policies and practices to address children missing from care and exploitation of children in care, as well as case studies on local exploitation cases;
• Panel of foster care alumni sharing their exploitation experiences and their recommendations to keep kids in care safer;
• A survivor's perspective on child sex trafficking and the importance of trauma-informed care; and
• Brainstorming and networking session for participants on reducing the vulnerability of children in care locally.
Free CLEs, CEUs and TCOLE are offered for this course, though CEU credit is only available to attendees who participate in every session of this one-day course.