During this continuing education session, you will hear important information presented by the following CASA of the South Plains speakers:
Part 1 - 6:00 - 7:30 pm:
- Frances Lofley, CFE Lead and Advocacy Coordinator, will discuss Collaborative Family Engagement (CFE). CFE is an innovative Family Finding partnership between CASA , CPS and St Francis Ministries. CFE uses a structured approach that is built around the fact that children have many blood relatives and other important connections (not defined by others) that can be identified, located and engaged with— providing children and families with a dedicated support system that is meant to last even after CASA and CPS involvement.
- Arizela Briones, Advocacy Supervisor, and Patti Castro, Recruitment Director, will show how they teamed up to successfully use the CFE Model to reunite two teenage boys back to their families of origin.
- Lauren Westerberg, Chief Program Officer, will brief us about newly updated policies that CASA of the South Plains implemented this past fall within our organization.
Part 2 - 7:30 - 9:00pm:
- Christy Kimball, Advocacy Coordinator, will present information on the "Thoughts Model" and show how this important principle can be applied, not only to our CASA processes, but also to every aspect of life.
- LeAnne Lopez, Senior Advocacy Coordinator, will present information about CE-CERT (Components for Enhancing Clinician Experience and Reducing Trauma). CE-CERT is a skills-based evidence-informed model, that helps people learn specific ways to emotionally connect and fully engage in their work while safeguarding against the risk factors for secondary-traumatic stress.
Please RSVP for one or both parts by Friday, February 19th to ensure that you receive the link to this awesome Continuing ED class!